Committed to being a transformed presence in a world in need of healing, Volunteers in Mission pray, minister, and live simply in right relationship with one another and creation. In a free response to love, as the hands and feet of Christ, we share our talents and resources with compassion, mercy, and joy in the spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi and Blessed Mary Angela, foundress of the Felician Sisters.
Felician Volunteers in Mission is a venture of laity with Felician sisters to cooperate with Christ in the spiritual renewal of the world. We do this in solidarity with our brothers and sisters who are poor or marginalized both in the United States and internationally. Volunteers live Gospel values in community in both long-term and short-term missions. We witness Felician spirituality as we serve others without discrimination and challenge unjust structures.
Felician Volunteers in Ministry offers:
- Short-term volunteer immersion experiences (7-10 days) both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Domestic and international long-term (1+ years) volunteer experiences both in the U.S. and abroad.
Cost varies depending on the length of the program.
In order to be eligible to participate in the Felician Volunteers in Mission, you must meet the following criteria:
- Adult over 18 years old
- Adaptable to new situations
- Desire to live simply
- Willingness to participate meaningfully in a Catholic environment
- Good mental and physical health
- An adventurous spirit
- Desire to serve in a mission as a member of a community
- An openness to varied forms of prayer
- Completion of application, reference forms, health forms, and interview process
For more information about how you can partner with us through the Felician Volunteers in Mission program, please contact Caroline Stanfill at firstname.lastname@example.org or (724) 650-7936.